I just got back from the National Association of Campus Activities. As Executive Secretary of the RHA, I went with much of the Campus Activities Board, my president, Mike Trerotola, and some members of the Commuting Students Association. The point of the conference is to advertise acts and other entertainers that you can bring to campus. RHA has been expanding in that direction a lot over the past few years and so we thought it would be valuable to go.
Some of the best things I thought we could actually bring are:
-Sustainable, customizable pens that I'd like to get for RHA to hand out.
-Many, many comedians (a lot helpfully based out of NYC)
-FUEL, a documentary that was a big hit at the Sundance Film Festival which is all about environmental sustainability and efforts across the country to improve. The narrator of the film was a huge proponent of Biofuel, but offered up a host of solutions to be taken in harmony in order to "greenify" the country. I adored the film and would love to bring it to campus. One of the things our students lack is concern for the environment, and I'd love to fix that. One of the coolest aspects of biofuel is that you can taste it without harm AND it can power your car. I was forcing biofuel upon my fellow conference-goers all weekend.
-I also saw an indie movie called The Scenesters which was surprisingly funny. It's not too expensive to rent the film from the distributor and I'd love to bring it to campus and give the filmmakers (whom I met) some exposure.
Overall, it was a fun and useful weekend, if a bit too long.
I'm psyched to get back into the swing of things on campus.
I'll update again soon, I promise.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment